Friday 24 June 2011

Starfish brooch

A customer recently bought one of my Stella Maris wristlets as a gift for her sister's bachelorette's party. She told me starfish was the theme of the party as her sister was getting married at the beach.


When I buy an item on Etsy as a gift to someone, it is always a pleasant surprise when the seller includes a little something for me as well. So I decided to make a little starfish brooch to match the wristlet; I used the same robin egg blue corduroy, reinforced it with fusible interfacing and cut out a small starfish. I then glued the starfish to a piece of pea green felt and cut out the shape again, leaving a 2 mm margin. At the end I sewed a pin at the back, using green thread.


Michelle told me the package arrived just in time for the bachelorette party and she happily wore her new brooch pinned to the strap of her own bag.

2 comments:

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails