Wednesday 2 June 2010

Bird music

On daily walks through Pontarlier I try to explore my new hometown as much as I can.
I have already found my (so far) favourite chocolate shop where they sell delicious macarons, a crèmerie, where they sell fresh milk (you bring your own bottles) and some lovely home decoraton shops that make me want to live in their shop window.

Sometimes it is not what the shop sells that interests me, but how they decorate their wondow. It is easier when all you have to do is arrange many attractive items together, but so much more difficult when you want to presend an abstract, intangible thing.
So I was pleasantly surprised to find these happy birds in a window of a shop that sells concert tickets. The musical birds, not two completely alike, are made from what looks like polymer clay and their colourful wooden houses make a perfect background.




I like the red&white polka dot house with a blue roof best. Which one is your favourite?

6 comments:

  1. What a great display. I like the red and white checkered one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the red one with white polka dots best! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikoli ne vem, kako komentirat pri tebi :))) Pa naj bo po domače :)
    Čudovita izložba je, jaz bi se z veseljem sprehodila vsak dan mimo nje, če bi mi bila kje na poti. Za naljubšo pa bi verjetno izbrala zeleno hiško z malimi belimi pikicami in rdečo streho.
    Ampak najbolj nujno je pa čokoladnico najt, kajne :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoho, makarončki se že poznajo na mojem pasu, se moram malo bolj disciplinirat... so pa slastni, ajajaj!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your choice best and the yellow with the large white polka dots second. What a unique and creative way to decorate a ticket store! I think I want to move into your town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all very sweet! I like the yellow one on the bottom line best!

    Thank you for commenting on my blog!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails