Sunday 30 August 2009

Buttons and ties





Returning back home from my vacation I took with me a few things I had stored at my parents' house when I moved away (there was no way I could have taken everything with me and it is nice to keep coming back and discovering forgotten treasures...).
On top of all the sewing supplies my mother has collected over the years, I myself have never thrown away an interesting button, a piece of ribbon or a leftover piece of fabric - one never knows when they might be the very thing that puts a finishing touch to the design.

On this last visit I've discovered a box of my father's old ties from the 70's I have once saved from being thrown away - they are a collection of amazing vintage patterns and colours, some wide, some narrow (early 80's, no doubt), some have stains, some traces of wear and tear, but I'm sure I can incorporate at least a part of them in one of my next projects. The other box contains my collection of buttons; some I've bought over the years, some were cut off items of clothes that were too worn to be given to charity and some are the "backup" buttons from clothes I've purchased (and have long ago left my wardrobe).

Aaaaghh, so many ideas, so little time! I have to reopen my Etsy shop first and then it's back to the sewing machine!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I have so many Ideas I write them on paper and just can't find time to get to them all.

    I love your button collection! I buy vintage button bundles at antique shops. looking forward to see how you might use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about not having enough time for all my ideas. It must be a universal problem among artists and designers!

    I look forward to seeing what you will create with your cool buttons and ties. Best of luck on your shop reopening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy great buttons ! and I love those ties !

    ReplyDelete

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails